We Create the Machine that Drives your Profitability
I have been very lucky in my career to have studied under people who I consider the cream of the selling crop. One of the most important lessons that I learned was, if you can’t fit your mission statement on the back of a post card – you don’t know what you are doing. It should be simple. It should be clear. It should be provocative and it should be short! How short? 10 words max!
It isn’t easy. Believe me when I say, I struggled! It is incredibly difficult to put everything you want your clientele to know about your business in a quick 10 words. The value though, is immeasurable.
A strong mission statement can…
- keep you focused on what you value most
- communicate to your employees a standard that you expect to be retained
- resonate with an audience that can connect with you on a value based level
I have put together a list of questions that should help you zero in on the perfect Marketing Mission Statement.
- What 3 companies do you personally trust the most? (This does not have to be industry specific)
- What is the slogan of each of those companies and what do you feel it conveys to you?
- What 3 singular words would you use to describe the value of your product or service?
- What are the 3 largest problems your audience face?
- What is the one thing your ideal client needs the most?
With those answers, write at least 5 different slogans for your company. Consider the fact that brevity is a value here. Are there any words that you can live without? Try using the formula [what you do] + [what is the result].
So… how did you do?
Share your slogan HERE and receive your free Digital Marketing Checklist from Bridgetown Marketing!